Teach and Spend summer in Korea! – 2017 Summer SAT Intensive Program!
Have you been looking to experience an exciting culture of Korea? Are you a recent graduate or current graduate student who is interested in teaching in Korea for the summer? Would you like to teach highly motivated students who are eager to learn? The Princeton Review Korea is looking for someone like you!
With our headquarters in Boston, The Princeton Review is a global organization with over 700 locations around the world. As the largest international TPR office in the world, The Princeton Review Korea (TPRK) has distinguished itself as a reliable leader in the Korean education industry.
TPRK conducts intensive courses during June, July and August for our Summer Intensive session. If you are a responsible, self-motivated individual and interested in joining our team of talented instructors, please submit an application through our website at http://recruit.princetonreview.co.kr/.
Please specify that you are applying for Summer Intensive and your availability for summer session (June, July, and/or August) under the “brief summary of personal goals” portion of the online application.
[Test-Prep – SAT and Subject]
Our exam preparation program is well-known for its strategic approach to “cracking” the tests (SAT and Subject). We have both the materials and experience to equip our instructor to be an effective and confident test-prep instructor. If you are willing to learn the in-and-outs of mastering the test, then we will be there to help you along the way in our mission to raise students’ scores.
[Junior Literature – 100 Classics]
The 100 Classics program offers a motivating studying method through reading, writing, and discussion. This is an English educational program for elementary, middle school, and high school students, (grades 3~9) to develop cultural refinement, critical thinking, and creative thinking skills.
· Must be eligible for E2 visa in Korea. By Korean law, E2 visa is limited to citizens of US, Canada, Australia, UK, New Zealand, Ireland, or South Africa
· Must hold minimum of Bachelor degree and original Diploma *Notarized with an apostille by April 2017
· Must have Nationwide Criminal Background Check *Notarized with an apostille
[Location /Class Schedule]
· Seoul, Gangnam Apgujeong (Subway Line. no. 3)
· Must be available to teach five days a week starting as early as 8 AM
· Further details of class schedule, size, etc., will be discussed during the interview
· Will be paid 25,000KRW an hour
· Instructor can work up to 40 hours a week and make up to 4,000,000KRW per month and 12,000,000KRW for three months of work.
[Full-time Employee Benefits]
· TPRK’s professional teacher training
· Monthly teachers’ appreciation to learn Korea
· Continental breakfast on teaching days
· Weekly & monthly reward for best teachers
· E2 Visa Sponsorship
· Korean Health Insurance and Pension Plan (dependent on nationality/visa type)
· Welcome packet and TPRK Uniform
· New teachers’ settlement support program
· Airfare & housing support
TPRK will provide overseas instructor with economy class airfare between Seoul, Korea to an agreed upon international airport.
· Roundtrip : Eligible for instructors working 3 months of the Summer Intensive
· One-way: Eligible for instructors working 2 months of Summer Intensive
· All airfare reimbursements will be provided after successful completion of contracted term.
TPRK will provide housing stipend or accommodation for instructors for the duration of employment. The provided housing will be dormitory-style studio apartments in Gangnam area.
[Tentative Training Schedule]
· May Training: May 29 ~ June 9
· June Training: June 26 ~ July 6
· Dates are subject to change according to summer schedule
· All candidates must attend mandatory training
[Tentative Session Schedule]
· Option 1 (June and July): June 12 ~ August 2 (2 months)
· Option 2 (June to August): June 12 ~ August 22 (3 months)
· Option 3 (July and August): July 7 ~ August 22 (2 months)
· Dates are subject to change